13 November 2009 ~ 11 Comments

Paper Bead Christmas Star Ornament

This Christmas instead of sending Christmas cards I thought making Christmas star ornament  from paper beads for my clients and contacts in the home care industry.  The star ornament reminds me of Christmas lanterns we hung from our windows as a child.  I know they will think about me as they hang these little star ornament on their Christmas trees.

blog48

The materials used for this project: paper bead tubes (I’m sure by now you have made quite a few), 3-4mm glass beads or crystals, 24 gauge craft wire and ribbon.  The paper bead tubes are made with the bamboo rollers we have and you can use your leftover holiday paper.

blog55

I made a video on how-to :

I thought that the little star ornament would also be nice as a gift tag.

blog36

blog24

I think this would be nice also as a garland and hang it up by the fire place or around your Christmas Tree.

11 Responses to “Paper Bead Christmas Star Ornament”

1. Kimberly 8 September 2013 at 9:23 pm Permalink

I too would appreciate written instructions, as some videos don’t play on my phone, and that is usually where I read the instructions for my beading crafts from.

Thanks,

Kimberly Johnson
    dj.squeakey@gmail.com

2. Yvette 9 December 2012 at 6:49 pm Permalink

I love your tutorials. however I wish you would include written instructions. I have a hearing impairment so sometimes I can not hear clearly with your videos. I also soooooo want to do this ornament with my niece. could you please send me a written instructions. it would be most appreciated. Thank you for sharing your videos and keep up the good work.

3. Gail 1 September 2012 at 2:15 pm Permalink

Beautiful stars and such a great video. I’ve heard of paper beads, but never made any. Makes me want to sit down and start crafting.

4. sharon 1 February 2012 at 6:44 am Permalink

would love more info: how long were the paper beads that she used? printed instructions would be helpful or written instructions within the video would also be helpful.

Beautiful ornament -could use red, white and blue for Fourth of July decorations . . .

thanks

5. Jaimee Cornwell 18 October 2011 at 3:02 pm Permalink

HI, I would love to make the beaded stars for Christmas; however, there were not a complete set of instructions on how to make them. Can you email instructions to me, or direct me to a link that has them?

Thanks!

6. beadinggem 8 September 2010 at 1:32 pm Permalink

This star ornament is so pretty! I will link in a future blog post so all paper bead enthusiasts will know to come visit here. Pearl

7. Ramona 23 November 2009 at 5:39 am Permalink

Thank you for your video! I am so inspired!

8. Judi Bentley 14 November 2009 at 1:34 pm Permalink

Wow, I think this is probably the only craft that I haven’t tried! Where have I been?? Your paper bead jewelry and ornaments are gorgeous! Happy SITS Sharefest!

9. BlogBaby 13 November 2009 at 6:36 pm Permalink

Oh my goodness, how cute!

Why have I not heard of Paper beads before where the heck have I been??

In utero, I guess. ;)

BlogBaby

P.S. Thanks for stopping by for my SITS day I truly appreciate it!